Making a DIY canvas art is one way through which you can relax and have fun over the weekend. Unlike what you may have heard, DIY canvas art is not that hard to create. Moreover, a canvas art can greatly enhance the appearance of any room effortlessly. A majority of homeowners prefer hanging their art work on walls due to its vast size. This in turn enables them to display a myriad of art projects on a single wall easily.
Therefore, if you are looking for a means to stock up your empty walls without having to spend hundreds of dollars on high-priced artwork, you need to consider building a DIY canvas art. Simple DIY wall art canvas projects offers the best means to create a swift wall painting. DIY wall art projects will enable you to build a tailored image for virtually any room within your house without having to spend a lot of money in the process. To create a simple DIY canvas art you will require a couple of low-priced supplies which can easily be found from most retail stores as well as a tad bit of imagination.
What you will require
The following are some of the supplies you will require for the DIY wall art projects:
- Stencil brush.
- Crocheted doilies.
- Plain canvas.
- Foam flowers.
- Gloss wall paint.
Follow the instructions given below to create your own customized DIY canvas art:
- Buy either a 9 or 11 inch plain artist canvas from your nearest retail or art store. While selecting a canvas to use, you can make your selection from a rage of canvases such as square, extra-long and rectangle.
- When buying gloss wall paint to use on the canvas, make your selection from 2 harmonizing colors. For example, you can choose chocolate and pink colors or creamy and turquoise colors.
- Use one color to paint the artist canvas. While painting, do not forget to paint the edges. For excellent outcome, 2 coats of paints are recommended. Ensure that the first coat of paint dries before painting the second coat. Thereafter, let the paint to settle in the canvas.
- Take the crocheted doilies plus the foam flowers and paint them using a different color. Foam flowers and crocheted doilies can easily be found from antique stores. Allow the paint to dry before proceeding.
- Once the paint has dried, remove the backing used on the foam flowers and glue them in a random manner on the painted canvas so as to come up with a unique painting.
- The painted crocheted doilies ought to be placed at the center of the canvas. You can use a hot adhesive to attach them to the canvas.
- Include painted floral drawings to the painted canvas. While adding the painted floral designs, you can use glue to keep the stencils in place. Thereafter you can hang the finished canvas art on your wall.
DIY canvas art can also include creating your own portraits.